- The temple of Jupiter, at Rome, on the Mona Capitolinus, where the Senate met.
- The edifice at Washington occupied by the Congress of the United States; also, the building in which the legislature of State holds its sessions; a statehouse.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: COALPIT
- (n.) A pit where coal is dug.
- (n.) A place where charcoal is made.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Of or pertaining to vision or sight.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the eye; ocular; as, the optic nerves (the first pair of cranial nerves) which are distributed to the retina. See Illust. of Brain, and Eye.
- (a.) Relating to the science of optics; as, optical works.
- (n.) Of or pertaining to a place; limited; logical application; as, a topical remedy; a topical claim or privilege.
- (n.) Pertaining to, or consisting of, a topic or topics; according to topics.
- (n.) Resembling a topic, or general maxim; hence, not demonstrative, but merely probable, as an argument.