Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: COB
- (n.) The top or head of anything.
- (n.) A leader or chief; a conspicuous person, esp. a rich covetous person.
- (n.) The axis on which the kernels of maize or indian corn grow.
- (n.) A spider; perhaps from its shape; it being round like a head.
- (n.) A young herring.
- (n.) A fish; -- also called miller's thumb.
- (n.) A short-legged and stout horse, esp. one used for the saddle.
- (n.) A sea mew or gull; esp., the black-backed gull (Larus marinus).
- (n.) A lump or piece of anything, usually of a somewhat large size, as of coal, or stone.
- (n.) A cobnut; as, Kentish cobs. See Cobnut.
- (n.) Clay mixed with straw.
- (n.) A punishment consisting of blows inflicted on the buttocks with a strap or a flat piece of wood.
- (n.) A Spanish coin formerly current in Ireland, worth abiut 4s. 6d.
- (v. t.) To strike
- (v. t.) To break into small pieces, as ore, so as to sort out its better portions.
- (v. t.) To punish by striking on the buttocks with a strap, a flat piece of wood, or the like.