- (n.) A small South American dog, domesticated by the aborigines.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: COLA
- The basic unit of money in Costa Rica; equal to 100 centimos
- The basic unit of money in El Salvador; equal to 100 centavos
- Carbonated drink flavored with extract from kola nuts (`dope' is a southernism in the United States)
- Large genus of African trees bearing kola nuts
- The part of the large intestine between the cecum and the rectum; it extracts moisture from food residues before they are excreted
- A punctuation mark (:) used after a word introducing a series or an example or an explanation (or after the salutation of a business letter)
- A port city at the Caribbean entrance to the Panama Canal
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A thoroughly charred, and extinguished or still ignited, fragment from wood or other combustible substance; charcoal.
- (n.) A black, or brownish black, solid, combustible substance, dug from beds or veins in the earth to be used for fuel, and consisting, like charcoal, mainly of carbon, but more compact, and often affording, when heated, a large amount of volatile matter.
- (v. t.) To burn to charcoal; to char.
- (v. t.) To mark or delineate with charcoal.
- (v. t.) To supply with coal; as, to coal a steamer.
- (v. i.) To take in coal; as, the steamer coaled at Southampton.
- (pl.) of Locus