- (a.) Of or pertaining to society; relating to men living in society, or to the public as an aggregate body; as, social interest or concerns; social pleasure; social benefits; social happiness; social duties.
- (a.) Ready or disposed to mix in friendly converse; companionable; sociable; as, a social person.
- (a.) Consisting in union or mutual intercourse.
- (a.) Naturally growing in groups or masses; -- said of many individual plants of the same species.
- (a.) Living in communities consisting of males, females, and neuters, as do ants and most bees.
- (a.) Forming compound groups or colonies by budding from basal processes or stolons; as, the social ascidians.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.