Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: COLLECTIVE
- (a.) Formed by gathering or collecting; gathered into a mass, sum, or body; congregated or aggregated; as, the collective body of a nation.
- (a.) Deducing consequences; reasoning; inferring.
- (a.) Expressing a collection or aggregate of individuals, by a singular form; as, a collective name or noun, like assembly, army, jury, etc.
- (a.) Tending to collect; forming a collection.
- (a.) Having plurality of origin or authority; as, in diplomacy, a note signed by the representatives of several governments is called a collective note.
- (n.) A collective noun or name.