Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: COME
- (n.) To move hitherward; to draw near; to approach the speaker, or some place or person indicated; -- opposed to go.
- (n.) To complete a movement toward a place; to arrive.
- (n.) To approach or arrive, as if by a journey or from a distance.
- (n.) To approach or arrive, as the result of a cause, or of the act of another.
- (n.) To arrive in sight; to be manifest; to appear.
- (n.) To get to be, as the result of change or progress; -- with a predicate; as, to come untied.
- (n.) Coming.
- (p. p.) of Come
- (v. t.) To carry through; to succeed in; as, you can't come any tricks here.