Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: COMPLEMENT
- (v. t.) That which fills up or completes; the quantity or number required to fill a thing or make it complete.
- (v. t.) That which is required to supply a deficiency, or to complete a symmetrical whole.
- (v. t.) Full quantity, number, or amount; a complete set; completeness.
- (v. t.) A second quantity added to a given quantity to make it equal to a third given quantity.
- (v. t.) Something added for ornamentation; an accessory.
- (v. t.) The whole working force of a vessel.
- (v. t.) The interval wanting to complete the octave; -- the fourth is the complement of the fifth, the sixth of the third.
- (v. t.) A compliment.
- (v. t.) To supply a lack; to supplement.
- (v. t.) To compliment.