Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: COMPOUNDER
- (n.) One who, or that which, compounds or mixes; as, a compounder of medicines.
- (n.) One who attempts to bring persons or parties to terms of agreement, or to accomplish, ends by compromises.
- (n.) One who compounds a debt, obligation, or crime.
- (n.) One at a university who pays extraordinary fees for the degree he is to take.
- (n.) A Jacobite who favored the restoration of James II, on condition of a general amnesty and of guarantees for the security of the civil and ecclesiastical constitution of the realm.