Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: COMPREHENSION
- (n.) The act of comprehending, containing, or comprising; inclusion.
- (n.) That which is comprehended or inclosed within narrow limits; a summary; an epitome.
- (n.) The capacity of the mind to perceive and understand; the power, act, or process of grasping with the intellect; perception; understanding; as, a comprehension of abstract principles.
- (n.) The complement of attributes which make up the notion signified by a general term.
- (n.) A figure by which the name of a whole is put for a part, or that of a part for a whole, or a definite number for an indefinite.