Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: CONFESSION
- (n.) Acknowledgment; avowal, especially in a matter pertaining to one's self; the admission of a debt, obligation, or crime.
- (n.) Acknowledgment of belief; profession of one's faith.
- (n.) The act of disclosing sins or faults to a priest in order to obtain sacramental absolution.
- (n.) A formulary in which the articles of faith are comprised; a creed to be assented to or signed, as a preliminary to admission to membership of a church; a confession of faith.
- (n.) An admission by a party to whom an act is imputed, in relation to such act. A judicial confession settles the issue to which it applies; an extrajudical confession may be explained or rebutted.