Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: CONSEQUENT
- (a.) Following as a result, inference, or natural effect.
- (a.) Following by necessary inference or rational deduction; as, a proposition consequent to other propositions.
- (n.) That which follows, or results from, a cause; a result or natural effect.
- (n.) That which follows from propositions by rational deduction; that which is deduced from reasoning or argumentation; a conclusion, or inference.
- (n.) The second term of a ratio, as the term b in the ratio a:b, the first a, being the antecedent.