Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: CONSTITUTIONS
- The way in which someone or something is composed
- Law determining the fundamental political principles of a government
- The constitution written at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia in 1787 and subsequently ratified by the original thirteen states
- The act of forming or establishing something; "the constitution of a PTA group last year"; "it was the establishment of his reputation"; "he still remembers the organization of the club"
- A United States 44-gun frigate that was one of the first three naval ships built by the United States; it won brilliant victories over British frigates during the War of 1812 and is without doubt the most famous ship in the history of the United States Navy; it has been rebuilt and is anchored in the Charlestown Navy Yard in Boston