Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: CONSTRUCTIONS
- Drawing a figure satisfying certain conditions as part of solving a problem or proving a theorem; "the assignment was to make a construction that could be used in proving the Pythagorean theorem"
- The act of constructing something; "during the construction we had to take a detour"; "his hobby was the building of boats"
- The commercial activity involved in repairing old structures or constructing new ones; "their main business is home construction"; "workers in the building trades"
- A thing constructed; a complex entity constructed of many parts; "the structure consisted of a series of arches"; "she wore her hair in an amazing construction of whirls and ribbons"
- The creation of a construct; the process of combining ideas into a congruous object of thought
- A group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit; "I concluded from his awkward constructions that he was a foreigner"
- An interpretation