Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: CONTINUE
- (v. i.) To remain in a given place or condition; to remain in connection with; to abide; to stay.
- (v. i.) To be permanent or durable; to endure; to last.
- (v. i.) To be steadfast or constant in any course; to persevere; to abide; to endure; to persist; to keep up or maintain a particular condition, course, or series of actions; as, the army continued to advance.
- (v. t.) To unite; to connect.
- (v. t.) To protract or extend in duration; to preserve or persist in; to cease not.
- (v. t.) To carry onward or extend; to prolong or produce; to add to or draw out in length.
- (v. t.) To retain; to suffer or cause to remain; as, the trustees were continued; also, to suffer to live.