Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: COOK
- (n.) One whose occupation is to prepare food for the table; one who dresses or cooks meat or vegetables for eating.
- (n.) A fish, the European striped wrasse.
- (v. i.) To make the noise of the cuckoo.
- (v. i.) To prepare food for the table.
- (v. t.) To throw.
- (v. t.) To prepare, as food, by boiling, roasting, baking, broiling, etc.; to make suitable for eating, by the agency of fire or heat.
- (v. t.) To concoct or prepare; hence, to tamper with or alter; to garble; -- often with up; as, to cook up a story; to cook an account.