Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: COOKS
- Transform and make suitable for consumption by heating; "These potatoes have to cook for 20 minutes"
- Transform by heating; "The apothecary cooked the medicinal mixture in a big iron kettle"
- Prepare for eating by applying heat; "Cook me dinner, please"; "can you make me an omelette?"; "fix breakfast for the guests, please"
- Prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- Tamper, with the purpose of deception; "Fudge the figures"; "cook the books"; "falsify the data"
- Someone who cooks food
- English navigator who claimed the east coast of Australia for Britain and discovered several Pacific islands (1728-1779)