- (adv.) A little; -- used chiefly in phrases indicating the time or movement; as, poco piu allegro, a little faster; poco largo, rather slow.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: COOP
- (n.) A barrel or cask for liquor.
- (n.) An inclosure for keeping small animals; a pen; especially, a grated box for confining poultry.
- (n.) A cart made close with boards; a tumbrel.
- (v. t.) To confine in a coop; hence, to shut up or confine in a narrow compass; to cramp; -- usually followed by up, sometimes by in.
- (v. t.) To work upon in the manner of a cooper.