- An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the production and sale of petroleum
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: COPE
- (n.) A covering for the head.
- (n.) Anything regarded as extended over the head, as the arch or concave of the sky, the roof of a house, the arch over a door.
- (n.) An ecclesiastical vestment or cloak, semicircular in form, reaching from the shoulders nearly to the feet, and open in front except at the top, where it is united by a band or clasp. It is worn in processions and on some other occasions.
- (n.) An ancient tribute due to the lord of the soil, out of the lead mines in Derbyshire, England.
- (n.) The top part of a flask or mold; the outer part of a loam mold.
- (v. i.) To form a cope or arch; to bend or arch; to bow.
- (v. i.) To exchange or barter.
- (v. i.) To encounter; to meet; to have to do with.
- (v. i.) To enter into or maintain a hostile contest; to struggle; to combat; especially, to strive or contend on equal terms or with success; to match; to equal; -- usually followed by with.
- (v. t.) To pare the beak or talons of (a hawk).
- (v. t.) To bargain for; to buy.
- (v. t.) To make return for; to requite; to repay.
- (v. t.) To match one's self against; to meet; to encounter.