Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: CORAL
- (n.) The hard parts or skeleton of various Anthozoa, and of a few Hydrozoa. Similar structures are also formed by some Bryozoa.
- (n.) The ovaries of a cooked lobster; -- so called from their color.
- (n.) A piece of coral, usually fitted with small bells and other appurtenances, used by children as a plaything.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A round dance.
- (n.) A song of joy, exultation, or mirth; a lay.
- (n.) A song of praise of devotion; as, a Christmas or Easter carol.
- (n.) Joyful music, as of a song.
- (v. t.) To praise or celebrate in song.
- (v. t.) To sing, especially with joyful notes.
- (v. i.) To sing; esp. to sing joyfully; to warble.
- (n.) Alt. of Carrol
- A cigar made with light-colored tobacco
- Spanish poet and dramatist who was shot dead by Franco's soldiers soon after the start of the Spanish Civil War (1898-1936)