- Move back and forth or sideways; "the ship was rocking"; "the tall building swayed"; "She rocked back and forth on her feet"
- Cause to move back and forth; "rock the cradle"; "rock the baby"; "the wind swayed the trees gently"
- Pitching dangerously to one side
- A genre of popular music originating in the 1950s; a blend of black rhythm-and-blues with white country-and-western; "rock is a generic term for the range of styles that evolved out of rock'n'roll."
- Hard bright-colored stick candy (typically flavored with peppermint)
- A lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter; "he threw a rock at me"
- (figurative) someone who is strong and stable and dependable; "he was her rock during the crisis"; "Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church"--Gospel According to Matthew
- United States gynecologist and devout Catholic who conducted the first clinical trials of the oral contraceptive pill (1890-1984)
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: CORKS
- A port city in southern Ireland
- Stuff with cork; "The baseball player stuffed his bat with cork to make it lighter"
- Outer bark of the cork oak; used for stoppers for bottles etc.
- Close a bottle with a cork
- (botany) outer tissue of bark; a protective layer of dead cells
- A small float usually made of cork; attached to a fishing line
- The plug in the mouth of a bottle (especially a wine bottle)