- (n.) The coronet of a horse.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: CORNET
- (n.) An obsolete rude reed instrument (Ger. Zinken), of the oboe family.
- (n.) A brass instrument, with cupped mouthpiece, and furnished with valves or pistons, now used in bands, and, in place of the trumpet, in orchestras. See Cornet-a-piston.
- (n.) A certain organ stop or register.
- (n.) A cap of paper twisted at the end, used by retailers to inclose small wares.
- (n.) A troop of cavalry; -- so called from its being accompanied by a cornet player.
- (n.) The standard of such a troop.
- (n.) The lowest grade of commissioned officer in a British cavalry troop, who carried the standard. The office was abolished in 1871.
- (n.) A headdress
- (n.) A square cap anciently worn as a mark of certain professions.
- (n.) A part of a woman's headdress, in the 16th century.
- (n.) See Coronet, 2.