- (v. t.) To lead into danger by artifice; to lure into a net or snare; to entrap; to insnare; to allure; to entice; as, to decoy troops into an ambush; to decoy ducks into a net.
- (n.) Anything intended to lead into a snare; a lure that deceives and misleads into danger, or into the power of an enemy; a bait.
- (n.) A fowl, or the likeness of one, used by sportsmen to entice other fowl into a net or within shot.
- (n.) A place into which wild fowl, esp. ducks, are enticed in order to take or shoot them.
- (n.) A person employed by officers of justice, or parties exposed to injury, to induce a suspected person to commit an offense under circumstances that will lead to his detection.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: COYED
- (imp. & p. p.) of Coy