- A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (aspirin and phenacetin and caffeine)
- (military) an armored vehicle (usually equipped with caterpillar treads) that is used to transport infantry
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: CPA
- An accountant who has passed certain examinations and met all other statutory and licensing requirements of a United States state to be certified by that state; "in addition to accounting and auditing, CPAs also prepare tax returns for individuals and corporations"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A covering for the head
- (n.) One usually with a visor but without a brim, for men and boys
- (n.) One of lace, muslin, etc., for women, or infants
- (n.) One used as the mark or ensign of some rank, office, or dignity, as that of a cardinal.
- (n.) The top, or uppermost part; the chief.
- (n.) A respectful uncovering of the head.
- (n.) The whole top of the head of a bird from the base of the bill to the nape of the neck.
- (n.) Anything resembling a cap in form, position, or use
- (n.) The uppermost of any assemblage of parts; as, the cap of column, door, etc.; a capital, coping, cornice, lintel, or plate.
- (n.) Something covering the top or end of a thing for protection or ornament.
- (n.) A collar of iron or wood used in joining spars, as the mast and the topmast, the bowsprit and the jib boom; also, a covering of tarred canvas at the end of a rope.
- (n.) A percussion cap. See under Percussion.
- (n.) The removable cover of a journal box.
- (n.) A portion of a spherical or other convex surface.
- (n.) A large size of writing paper; as, flat cap; foolscap; legal cap.
- (v. t.) To cover with a cap, or as with a cap; to provide with a cap or cover; to cover the top or end of; to place a cap upon the proper part of; as, to cap a post; to cap a gun.
- (v. t.) To deprive of cap.
- (v. t.) To complete; to crown; to bring to the highest point or consummation; as, to cap the climax of absurdity.
- (v. t.) To salute by removing the cap.
- (v. t.) To match; to mate in contest; to furnish a complement to; as, to cap text; to cap proverbs.
- (v. i.) To uncover the head respectfully.
- (n.) A kind of moccasin, having the edges of the sole turned up and sewed to the upper.