- (n.) A fowl that cackles.
- (n.) One who prattles, or tells tales; a tattler.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: CRACKLE
- (n.) The noise of slight and frequent cracks or reports; a crackling.
- (n.) A kind of crackling sound or r/le, heard in some abnormal states of the lungs; as, dry crackle; moist crackle.
- (n.) A condition produced in certain porcelain, fine earthenware, or glass, in which the glaze or enamel appears to be cracked in all directions, making a sort of reticulated surface; as, Chinese crackle; Bohemian crackle.
- (v. i.) To make slight cracks; to make small, sharp, sudden noises, rapidly or frequently repeated; to crepitate; as, burning thorns crackle.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One who clacks; that which clacks; especially, the clapper of a mill.
- (n.) A claqueur. See Claqueur.