- (v. t.) To cut.
- (v. t.) To cut, as wood, stone, or other material, in an artistic or decorative manner; to sculpture; to engrave.
- (v. t.) To make or shape by cutting, sculpturing, or engraving; to form; as, to carve a name on a tree.
- (v. t.) To cut into small pieces or slices, as meat at table; to divide for distribution or apportionment; to apportion.
- (v. t.) To cut: to hew; to mark as if by cutting.
- (v. t.) To take or make, as by cutting; to provide.
- (v. t.) To lay out; to contrive; to design; to plan.
- (v. i.) To exercise the trade of a sculptor or carver; to engrave or cut figures.
- (v. i.) To cut up meat; as, to carve for all the guests.
- (n.) A carucate.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: CRAVE
- (v. i.) To desire strongly; to feel an insatiable longing; as, a craving appetite.
- (v. t.) To ask with earnestness or importunity; to ask with submission or humility; to beg; to entreat; to beseech; to implore.
- (v. t.) To call for, as a gratification; to long for; hence, to require or demand; as, the stomach craves food.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The calcined ashes of any coarse seaweed used for the manufacture of soda and iodine; also, the seaweed itself; fucus; wrack.