- (v. t. & i.) To cry out harshly and loudly, like the bird called crake.
- (v. t. & i.) To boast; to speak loudly and boastfully.
- (n.) A boast. See Crack, n.
- (n.) Any species or rail of the genera Crex and Porzana; -- so called from its singular cry. See Corncrake.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: CREAK
- (n.) The sound produced by anything that creaks; a creaking.
- (v. i.) To make a prolonged sharp grating or squeaking sound, as by the friction of hard substances; as, shoes creak.
- (v. t.) To produce a creaking sound with.