- (v. t.) To search again; to examine anew.
- (n.) Diligent inquiry or examination in seeking facts or principles; laborious or continued search after truth; as, researches of human wisdom.
- (v. t.) To search or examine with continued care; to seek diligently.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One who, or that which, searhes or examines; a seeker; an inquirer; an examiner; a trier.
- (n.) Formerly, an officer in London appointed to examine the bodies of the dead, and report the cause of death.
- (n.) An officer of the customs whose business it is to search ships, merchandise, luggage, etc.
- (n.) An inspector of leather.
- (n.) An instrument for examining the bore of a cannon, to detect cavities.
- (n.) An implement for sampling butter; a butter trier.
- (n.) An instrument for feeling after calculi in the bladder, etc.