- (v. t.) To lay claim to; to assert a right to; to claim.
- (v. t.) To maintain or defend with success; to prove to be valid; to assert convincingly; to sustain against assault; as, to vindicate a right, claim, or title.
- (v. t.) To support or maintain as true or correct, against denial, censure, or objections; to defend; to justify.
- (v. t.) To maintain, as a law or a cause, by overthrowing enemies.
- (v. t.) To liberate; to set free; to deliver.
- (v. t.) To avenge; to punish; as, a war to vindicate or punish infidelity.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.