- (n.) A bag or pouch; especially; a small bag inserted in a garment for carrying small articles, particularly money; hence, figuratively, money; wealth.
- (n.) One of several bags attached to a billiard table, into which the balls are driven.
- (n.) A large bag or sack used in packing various articles, as ginger, hops, cowries, etc.
- (n.) A hole or space covered by a movable piece of board, as in a floor, boxing, partitions, or the like.
- (n.) A cavity in a rock containing a nugget of gold, or other mineral; a small body of ore contained in such a cavity.
- (n.) A hole containing water.
- (n.) A strip of canvas, sewn upon a sail so that a batten or a light spar can placed in the interspace.
- (n.) Same as Pouch.
- (v. t.) To put, or conceal, in the pocket; as, to pocket the change.
- (v. t.) To take clandestinely or fraudulently.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.