- 1. The shield carried by a mounted man-in -arms in the Middle ages 2. Any of various coins of France (13th to 18th century) bearing a shield
- Former term for euro
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: CUE
- (n.) The tail; the end of a thing; especially, a tail-like twist of hair worn at the back of the head; a queue.
- (n.) The last words of a play actor's speech, serving as an intimation for the next succeeding player to speak; any word or words which serve to remind a player to speak or to do something; a catchword.
- (n.) A hint or intimation.
- (n.) The part one has to perform in, or as in, a play.
- (n.) Humor; temper of mind.
- (n.) A straight tapering rod used to impel the balls in playing billiards.
- (n.) A small portion of bread or beer; the quantity bought with a farthing or half farthing.
- (v. t.) To form into a cue; to braid; to twist.