- (a.) Shaped like a nut; nut-shaped.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: CUNIFORM
- (a.) Wedge-shaped; as, a cuneiform bone; -- especially applied to the wedge-shaped or arrowheaded characters of ancient Persian and Assyrian inscriptions. See Arrowheaded.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or versed in, the ancient wedge-shaped characters, or the inscriptions in them.
- (n.) The wedge-shaped characters used in ancient Persian and Assyrian inscriptions.
- (n.) One of the three tarsal bones supporting the first, second third metatarsals. They are usually designated as external, middle, and internal, or ectocuniform, mesocuniform, and entocuniform, respectively.
- (n.) One of the carpal bones usually articulating with the ulna; -- called also pyramidal and ulnare.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Having the shape of a hook; being of a curved or hooked from; hooklike.
- (n.) The unciform bone. See Illust. of Perissodactyla.