- (computer science) the part of a computer (a microprocessor chip) that does most of the data processing; "the CPU and the memory form the central part of a computer to which the peripherals are attached"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: CUP
- (n.) A small vessel, used commonly to drink from; as, a tin cup, a silver cup, a wine cup; especially, in modern times, the pottery or porcelain vessel, commonly with a handle, used with a saucer in drinking tea, coffee, and the like.
- (n.) The contents of such a vessel; a cupful.
- (n.) Repeated potations; social or excessive indulgence in intoxicating drinks; revelry.
- (n.) That which is to be received or indured; that which is allotted to one; a portion.
- (n.) Anything shaped like a cup; as, the cup of an acorn, or of a flower.
- (n.) A cupping glass or other vessel or instrument used to produce the vacuum in cupping.
- (v. t.) To supply with cups of wine.
- (v. t.) To apply a cupping apparatus to; to subject to the operation of cupping. See Cupping.
- (v. t.) To make concave or in the form of a cup; as, to cup the end of a screw.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!