- (n.) A triangular protection from the intrados of an arch, or from an inner curve of tracery.
- (n.) The beginning or first entrance of any house in the calculations of nativities, etc.
- (n.) The point or horn of the crescent moon or other crescent-shaped luminary.
- (n.) A multiple point of a curve at which two or more branches of the curve have a common tangent.
- (n.) A prominence or point, especially on the crown of a tooth.
- (n.) A sharp and rigid point.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a cusp or cusps.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: CUPS
- Treat by applying evacuated cups to the patient's skin
- Put into a cup; "cup the milk"
- Form into the shape of a cup; "She cupped her hands"
- A small open container usually used for drinking; usually has a handle; "he put the cup back in the saucer"; "the handle of the cup was missing"
- A large metal vessel with two handles that is awarded as a trophy to the winner of a competition; "the school kept the cups is a special glass case"
- The hole (or metal container in the hole) on a golf green; "he swore as the ball rimmed the cup and rolled away"; "put the flag back in the cup"
- A punch served in a pitcher instead of a punch bowl
- Cup-shaped plant organ
- A United States liquid unit equal to 8 fluid ounces
- The quantity a cup will hold; "he drank a cup of coffee"; "he borrowed a cup of sugar"
- Any cup-shaped concavity; "bees filled the waxen cups with honey"; "he wore a jock strap with a metal cup";
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A swing.
- (n.) A marine sparoid food fish (Stenotomus chrysops, or S. argyrops), common on the Atlantic coast of the United States. It appears bright silvery when swimming in the daytime, but shows broad blackish transverse bands at night and when dead. Called also porgee, paugy, porgy, scuppaug.