- (n.) The exterior part of anything that has length and breadth; one of the limits that bound a solid, esp. the upper face; superficies; the outside; as, the surface of the earth; the surface of a diamond; the surface of the body.
- (n.) Hence, outward or external appearance.
- (n.) A magnitude that has length and breadth without thickness; superficies; as, a plane surface; a spherical surface.
- (n.) That part of the side which is terminated by the flank prolonged, and the angle of the nearest bastion.
- (v. t.) To give a surface to; especially, to cause to have a smooth or plain surface; to make smooth or plain.
- (v. t.) To work over the surface or soil of, as ground, in hunting for gold.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.