- (a.) Of or pertaining to gold.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or derived from, gold; -- said of those compounds of gold in which this element has its higher valence; as, auric oxide; auric chloride.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: CURIA
- (n.) One of the thirty parts into which the Roman people were divided by Romulus.
- (n.) The place of assembly of one of these divisions.
- (n.) The place where the meetings of the senate were held; the senate house.
- (n.) The court of a sovereign or of a feudal lord; also; his residence or his household.
- (n.) Any court of justice.
- (n.) The Roman See in its temporal aspects, including all the machinery of administration; -- called also curia Romana.