Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: CUSHION
- (n.) A case or bag stuffed with some soft and elastic material, and used to sit or recline upon; a soft pillow or pad.
- (n.) Anything resembling a cushion in properties or use
- (n.) a pad on which gilders cut gold leaf
- (n.) a mass of steam in the end of the cylinder of a steam engine to receive the impact of the piston
- (n.) the elastic edge of a billiard table.
- (n.) A riotous kind of dance, formerly common at weddings; -- called also cushion dance.
- (v. t.) To seat or place on, or as on a cushion.
- (v. t.) To furnish with cushions; as, to cushion a chaise.
- (v. t.) To conceal or cover up, as under a cushion.