Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DAB
- (n.) A skillful hand; a dabster; an expert.
- (n.) A name given to several species of flounders, esp. to the European species, Pleuronectes limanda. The American rough dab is Hippoglossoides platessoides.
- (n.) A gentle blow with the hand or some soft substance; a sudden blow or hit; a peck.
- (n.) A small mass of anything soft or moist.
- (v. i.) To strike or touch gently, as with a soft or moist substance; to tap; hence, to besmear with a dabber.
- (v. i.) To strike by a thrust; to hit with a sudden blow or thrust.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp.) Bade.
- (superl.) Wanting good qualities, whether physical or moral; injurious, hurtful, inconvenient, offensive, painful, unfavorable, or defective, either physically or morally; evil; vicious; wicked; -- the opposite of good; as, a bad man; bad conduct; bad habits; bad soil; bad health; bad crop; bad news.