- The work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something; "no medical care was required"; "the old car needs constant attention"
- The activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
- Improve the condition of; "These pills will help the patient"
- A resource; "visual aids in teaching"
- Give help or assistance; be of service; "Everyone helped out during the earthquake"; "Can you help me carry this table?"; "She never helps around the house"
- Money to support a worthy person or cause
- A serious (often fatal) disease of the immune system transmitted through blood products especially by sexual contact or contaminated needles
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: DAIS
- (n.) The high or principal table, at the end of a hall, at which the chief guests were seated; also, the chief seat at the high table.
- (n.) A platform slightly raised above the floor of a hall or large room, giving distinction to the table and seats placed upon it for the chief guests.
- (n.) A canopy over the seat of a person of dignity.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500)
- Imp. & p. p. of Say.
- (a.) Before-mentioned; already spoken of or specified; aforesaid; -- used chiefly in legal style.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Say
- (n.) A genus of malvaceous plants common in the tropics. All the species are mucilaginous, and some have tough ligneous fibers which are used as a substitute for hemp and flax.