- Administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"
- The act of apportioning or distributing something; "the captain was entrusted with the deal of provisions"
- Take action with respect to (someone or something); "How are we going to deal with this problem?"; "The teacher knew how to deal with these lazy students"
- The act of distributing playing cards; "the deal was passed around the table clockwise"
- Behave in a certain way towards others; "He deals fairly with his employees"
- A particular instance of buying or selling; "it was a package deal"; "I had no further trade with him"; "he's a master of the business deal"
- Be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs a
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DALES
- An open river valley (in a hilly area)
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Fill or place a load on; "load a car"; "load the truck with hay"
- Remove with or as if with a ladle; "ladle the water out of the bowl"
- Be ahead of others; be the first;
- An advantage held by a competitor in a race; "he took the lead at the last turn"
- Evidence pointing to a possible solution; "the police are following a promising lead"; "the trail led straight to the perpetrator"
- The introductory section of a story; "it was an amusing lead-in to a very serious matter"
- A news story of major importance
- Cause to undertake a certain action; "Her greed led her to forge the checks"
- An indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
- Preside over; "John moderated the discussion"
- (baseball) the position taken by a base runner preparing to advance to the next base; "he took a long lead off first"
- Lead, as in the performance of a composition; "conduct an orchestra; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
- An actor who plays a principal role
- Move ahead (of others) i
- (n.) A little dell or valley; a flat piece of low, moist ground.
- (n.) The sole of a plow.