- (v. t.) To conserve or boil in sugar; as, to candy fruits; to candy ginger.
- (v. t.) To make sugar crystals of or in; to form into a mass resembling candy; as, to candy sirup.
- (v. t.) To incrust with sugar or with candy, or with that which resembles sugar or candy.
- (v. i.) To have sugar crystals form in or on; as, fruits preserved in sugar candy after a time.
- (v. i.) To be formed into candy; to solidify in a candylike form or mass.
- (v. t.) A more or less solid article of confectionery made by boiling sugar or molasses to the desired consistency, and than crystallizing, molding, or working in the required shape. It is often flavored or colored, and sometimes contains fruit, nuts, etc.
- (n.) A weight, at Madras 500 pounds, at Bombay 560 pounds.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DANCY
- (a.) Same as Dancette.