Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DARES
- Challenge; "I dare you!"
- Take upon oneself; act presumptuously, without permission;
- To be courageous enough to try or do something; "I don't dare call him", "she dares to dress differently from the others"
- A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy; "he could never refuse a dare"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A beloved person; used as terms of endearment
- A sweet innocent mild-mannered person (especially a child)
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rase
- Obtain data from magnetic tapes; "This dictionary can be read by the computer"
- Indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments; "The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero"; "The gauge read `empty'"
- Audition for a stage role by reading parts of a role; "He is auditioning for `Julius Caesar' at Stratford this year"
- Have or contain a certain wording or form; "The passage reads as follows"; "What does the law say?"
- Make sense of a language;
- Be a student of a certain subject; "She is reading for the bar exam"
- To hear and understand; "I read you loud and clear!"
- Interpret something in a certain way; convey a particular meaning or impression; "I read this address as a satire"; "How should I take this message?"; "You can't take credit for this!"
- Interpret something that is written or printed; "read the advertisement"; "Have you read Salman Rushdie?"
- Something that is read; "the article was a