- (a.) Sharp and harsh, or bitter and not, to the taste; pungent; as, acrid salts.
- (a.) Causing heat and irritation; corrosive; as, acrid secretions.
- (a.) Caustic; bitter; bitterly irritating; as, acrid temper, mind, writing.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DARIC
- (n.) A gold coin of ancient Persia, weighing usually a little more than 128 grains, and bearing on one side the figure of an archer.
- (n.) A silver coin of about 86 grains, having the figure of an archer, and hence, in modern times, called a daric.
- (n.) Any very pure gold coin.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A traveling tinker; also a tramp or sturdy beggar.
- English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984)