Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: DARK
- (a.) Destitute, or partially destitute, of light; not receiving, reflecting, or radiating light; wholly or partially black, or of some deep shade of color; not light-colored; as, a dark room; a dark day; dark cloth; dark paint; a dark complexion.
- (a.) Not clear to the understanding; not easily seen through; obscure; mysterious; hidden.
- (a.) Destitute of knowledge and culture; in moral or intellectual darkness; unrefined; ignorant.
- (a.) Evincing black or foul traits of character; vile; wicked; atrocious; as, a dark villain; a dark deed.
- (a.) Foreboding evil; gloomy; jealous; suspicious.
- (a.) Deprived of sight; blind.
- (n.) Absence of light; darkness; obscurity; a place where there is little or no light.
- (n.) The condition of ignorance; gloom; secrecy.
- (n.) A dark shade or dark passage in a painting, engraving, or the like; as, the light and darks are well contrasted.
- (v. t.) To darken to obscure.