- (n.) An East Indian plant (Nardostachys Jatamansi) of the Valerian family, used from remote ages in Oriental perfumery.
- (n.) An ointment prepared partly from this plant. See Spikenard.
- (n.) A kind of grass (Nardus stricta) of little value, found in Europe and Asia.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DARN
- (n.) A place mended by darning.
- (v. t.) To mend as a rent or hole, with interlacing stitches of yarn or thread by means of a needle; to sew together with yarn or thread.
- (v. t.) A colloquial euphemism for Damn.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A border; edge; margin.
- (n.) A long, fleshy piece, as of beef, cut from the flank or leg; a sort of steak.
- (n.) A thin inner sole for a shoe; also, a leveling slip of leather applied to the sole before attaching the heel.
- (v. i.) To rant; to storm.