- (a.) Made of alder.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DARNEL
- (n.) Any grass of the genus Lolium, esp. the Lolium temulentum (bearded darnel), the grains of which have been reputed poisonous. Other species, as Lolium perenne (rye grass or ray grass), and its variety L. Italicum (Italian rye grass), are highly esteemed for pasture and for making hay.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To cover or dress with lard or grease; to fatten.
- (n.) One who lands, or makes a landing.
- (n.) A person who waits at the mouth of the shaft to receive the kibble of ore.
- German physicist who studied cathode rays (1862-1947)
- (v. t.) To land again; to put on land, as that which had been shipped or embarked.
- (v. i.) To go on shore after having embarked; to land again.