- (n.) A small stick; a rod; a verge.
- (n.) A staff of authority.
- (n.) A rod used by conjurers, diviners, magicians, etc.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: DAWN
- (n.) The break of day; the first appearance of light in the morning; show of approaching sunrise.
- (n.) First opening or expansion; first appearance; beginning; rise.
- (v. i.) To begin to grow light in the morning; to grow light; to break, or begin to appear; as, the day dawns; the morning dawns.
- (v. i.) To began to give promise; to begin to appear or to expand.