- Imp. of Fare.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: DEFER
- (v. i.) To put off; to delay to act; to wait.
- (v. i.) To yield deference to the wishes of another; to submit to the opinion of another, or to authority; -- with to.
- (v. t.) To put off; to postpone to a future time; to delay the execution of; to delay; to withhold.
- (v. t.) To render or offer.
- (v. t.) To lay before; to submit in a respectful manner; to refer; -- with to.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp. & p. p.) of Free