- A song or hymn of mourning composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or membrane
- A long narrow natural elevation or striation
- A long narrow range of hills
- A long narrow natural elevation on the floor of the ocean
- Any long raised strip
- Form into a ridge
- Spade into alternate ridges and troughs; "ridge the soil"
- Throw soil toward (a crop row) from both sides; "He ridged his corn"
- Plough alternate strips by throwing the furrow onto an unploughed strip
- Extend in ridges; "The land ridges towards the South"
- A beam laid along the edge where two sloping sides of a roof meet at the top; provides an attachment for the upper ends of rafters