Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: DEGREES
- A position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality; "a moderate grade of intelligence"; "a high level of care is required"; "it is all a matter of degree"
- The seriousness of something (e.g., a burn or crime); "murder in the second degree"; "a second degree burn"
- The highest power of a term or variable
- An award conferred by a college or university signifying that the recipient has satisfactorily completed a course of study; "he earned his degree at Princeton summa cum laude"
- A measure for arcs and angles; "there are 360 degrees in a circle"
- A unit of temperature on a specified scale; "the game was played in spite of the 40-degree temperature"
- A specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process; "a remarkable degree of frankness"; "at what stage are the social sciences?"