- A shop selling ready-to-eat food products
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: DEIL
- (n.) Devil; -- spelt also deel.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Age.
- (superl.) Of no account; useless; vain; trifling; unprofitable; thoughtless; silly; barren.
- (superl.) Not called into active service; not turned to appropriate use; unemployed; as, idle hours.
- (superl.) Not employed; unoccupied with business; inactive; doing nothing; as, idle workmen.
- (superl.) Given rest and ease; averse to labor or employment; lazy; slothful; as, an idle fellow.
- (superl.) Light-headed; foolish.
- (v. i.) To lose or spend time in inaction, or without being employed in business.
- (v. t.) To spend in idleness; to waste; to consume; -- often followed by away; as, to idle away an hour a day.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Lie
- (n.) A lay; a German song. It differs from the French chanson, and the Italian canzone, all three being national.